Sunday 10 April 2016

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Too Old For Manchester United?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s touted move to Manchester United looks unlikely after Louis van Gaal hinted the striker was too old.

 The 34-year-old Sweden international looks set to leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer and he is believed to favour a move to the Premier League. “We need to improve our selection [squad], because when I took over we had six or seven players above 33 years old,” Van Gaal told Swedish TV station Viasat.
“Nobody knows that anymore because now they are gone. But now we have a much younger team and still we need a much younger selection because we need creative players in attack and also fast players. “I think it is unbelievable what he (Ibrahimovic) is doing.

I saw the game against Manchester City, and it was a big disappointment for me because he should have scored two times at least. “Paris Saint-Germain is Zlatan and that is fantastic.

When a manager like me, who favours the team [above the individual], is saying that, that is a compliment for him. “But he’s already 34 and I just spoke about the age [of the players] I let go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment